- 4 cl London n°3 gin
- 4 leaves fresh lemon verbena
- 6 cl grapefruit oleo saccharum*
- Top off with Blanche de Bruges
- A sprig of fresh lemon verbena
- Fill the cocktail glass with ice cubes.
- Pour 4 cl gin into a cocktail shaker and add 6 cl of your homemade oleo saccharum*.
- Throw 4 leaves of fresh lemon verbena into the cocktail shaker and shake.
- Strain the cocktail above the glass.
- Top the cocktail off with Blanche de Bruges. Topping from a height creates
an extra foam head.
- Garnish the cocktail with a few sprigs of fresh lemon verbena.
*Extra: Oleo saccharum
- Lay the peel of a few grapefruits in a low plate. Do not use the white bits as this will
give a bitter taste.
- Sprinkle a fi ne layer of sugar over the fruit peels and let it rest. The idea is that the
oils will be released by the sugar. This adds an extra fl avour to the grapefruit syrup.
- Then add the juice of the grapefruits from which you have already removed the peel.
- Stir the mixture well and sieve the syrup.